- Good performance
- Good sound
- Excellent microphone
- Soundproofing due to form factor
Xiaomi Mi Air 2: Feature and Specifications as mentioned on Amazon
- ENC Noise Reduction The dual-microphone array environment noise reduction technology effectively reduces the environmental noise during the call, ensuring high-definition speech recognition and call quality even in noisy environments. LHDC Bluetooth Decoding HD Sound Adopt LHDC Bluetooth HD decoding technology, bring a lossless sound
- Composite Diaphragm Dynamic Unit 14.2mm large speaker, the bass is rich and full, and the treble is clear and sharpallergy Composite Diaphragm Dynamic Unit
- Simple Touch Operation Control the music, call, voice assistance with light click Personalize Setting This cellphone support personalization settings on Xiao AI APP. You could set the command of the double-tap and the name of the earphones in the APP. Xiao AI which is the smart AI assistant of Xiaomi in China. (Only in Chinese)
- Pop-up Pairing After the first connection, the earphone will auto-connect with a cellphone when you open the box. And there you could check the battery of the earphone and box on the cellphone. for now, this function support Xiaomi 8 / SE, Xiaomi 9 / SE, Xiaomi Mix 3, Redmi K20 Pro, Redmi K20, More Models will be supported after MIUI upgrade.
- Intelligent Infrared induction Built-in infrared optical sensor, auto-pause when removal of any earphone Fast Charging, Long Standby Automatically charged when put it in the charging box. Both the earphone and the charging box support fast charging. Earphones can be fully charged in 1 hour to play music for 4 hours. Up to 14 hours of life to use with the charging box. Bluetooth 5.0 Chip
Xiaomi Mi Air 2: A Complete Review
Mi Air 2 is an update to Xiaomi’s fully wireless headphones , which have changed the plug form factor to the in-ear, and can now directly compete with the popular AirPods. Is this really so and what this model from Xiaomi can offer, I will tell in this review.
Xiaomi Mi Air 2 Package Contents
Xiaomi has not changed the design of the box, it is the same as that of other completely wireless headphones from this manufacturer.
The Mi Air 2 comes with a charging case and a USB Type-C charging cable. The presence of a modern charging connector suggests that the company is listening to its users, and is trying to modernize new devices.
Appearance of Xiaomi Mi Air 2
Headphones are made of glossy white plastic, and when designing, they were clearly inspired by Apple gadgets. But so that no one would blame Xiaomi for plagiarism, the shape of the headphones was made a little larger and more flattened.
Fortunately, increased proportions did not affect usability. Headphones confidently hold in the ears and do not fall out with sharp turns of the head and nods.
From the side of the emitters, which are hidden behind a metal mesh, infrared sensors are located. They track the position of the headphones and, if one is pulled out of the ear, playback pauses, which is very convenient.
The case is also made of white plastic, but already matte. It will be flattened and resembles that of the previous Xiaomi “bugs”, only more square and without rounding.
In addition, he had a key to synchronize the headphones with the playback device and a status indicator of the device.
The ergonomics of the case are good, it lies comfortably in the hand, it is quite simple to open the cover and remove the headphones with one hand. For each headphone, the case has its own compartment, in which they are fixed with magnets. The only negative is the size, the case is not always convenient to carry in your jeans pocket.
Connection and management
Now, owners of Xiaomi smartphones can use the “magic” when connecting headphones. Smartphones themselves detect them, display the image on the display, but after confirming the connection, you need to hold down the synchronization button on the case for 3 seconds.
For other devices, you also need to hold down this key and connect the headphones through the Bluetooth settings. It is worth noting that Xiaomi Mi Air 2 can work separately from each other, but only with one device.
Xiaomi Mi Air 2 has a touch-sensitive playback control panel:
- double tap on any earphone – receive a call;
- double tap on the left earphone – call a voice assistant preinstalled in the device with which the headphones are synchronized;
- double tap on the right earphone – play/pause. If only the left earphone is used, everything works as well.
Sound and microphone
Bluetooth 5.0 is responsible for wireless audio transmission. And for the best transmission of the audio signal, the SBC, AAC and Huawei HDW codecs, which are based on the LDHC codec, are used.
The sound is reproduced by a 14.2 mm dynamic driver with a resistance of 32 ohms. In total, an audio scene was worked out quite well, with good detail and good high and low frequencies. But in some compositions, a drawdown is heard in the middle frequencies and the sound is harsh.
The volume level is enough for comfortable listening in the subway, but do not forget that these are earbuds – they have poor sound insulation for both the listener and others.
Thanks to the use of two microphones in the legs of the headphones, the Xiaomi Mi Air 2 has excellent voice transmission. The presence of active noise cancellation during a conversation allows you to talk on the phone in very noisy places.
Autonomy Xiaomi Mi Air 2
The built-in batteries last for 3.5-4 hours – this can be called the standard for TWS headphones.
Case will be able to extend the work for another 14 hours. In addition, the headphones have a quick charge function, with which the model is fully charged in one hour.
Xiaomi Mi Air 2 can be called a good alternative for owners of Android devices that need headphones like Apple AirPods. And their main advantage over similar models on the market is a good level of voice transmission when using headphones as a headset.
Sennheiser Momentum Free Special Edition: A Complete Review
Pioneer SE-C8TW Truly Wireless in-Ear Headphones: A Complete Review
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case: A Complete Review $139.99
- Marshall Minor II Wireless Headphones: A Complete Review $69.95
- Bose SoundSport Free Truly Wireless Sport Headphones: A Complete Review $199.00