Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 SE Headphones: Feature and Specifications as mentioned on Amazon
- Audio Quality: Immersive, high res sound and powerful speaker drivers deliver the right balance of rich bass, crisp highs, and natural mid-tones for your music
- Active Noise Cancelling Headphones (ANC): Switch on active noise canceling (ANC) to minimize ambient noise while working or traveling
- 24 Hour Streaming: Enjoy up to 24 hours of wireless music, movies and calls before choosing the cabled connection or recharging.Sensitivity (dB SPL/1mW):93.Impedance (Ohm):32
- Wireless Freedom: Stream rich, lifelike audio up to 100 meters/330 feet away from your Class 1 Bluetooth smartphone or tablet.Bluetooth v4.0
- Rigid Travel Case: Ear cups swivel flat to slip into the protective travel case; Frequency response: 20–20,000 Hz
Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 SE Headphones: A Complete Review
Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 SE – wireless Bluetooth headphones for $ 250 ($ 200 are the usual Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2, not a special edition) in which there is everything! These are some of the coolest headphones that have come to my review lately. For comparison on hardcore, I will compare Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 SE (for $ 250) with Sony MDR-1000X (for $ 600, which came to me for a test in the winter of 2016-2017).
Plantronics BackBeat Series Bluetooth Headphone Prices (in 2019):
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Full-size Bluetooth Headphones with 2 Microphones
- Frequency range: 20 – 20,000 Hz
- Membrane Diameter: 40 mm
- Sensitivity: 93 dB
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Weight: 289g
- Profile Support: A2DP, AVRCP, Hands-free, Headset, AptX
- Function Support: Multipoint, Answer / End Talk, DSP
- Battery Type: Own Li-Pol
- Battery capacity: 680 mAh
- Operating time: 24 hours
- Charging time: 3 hours
- Features: iPhone support, foldable design, cable connectivity, LED indicator, NFC, volume control
There are many controversial issues. But the Sony MDR-1000X is even inferior in some ways and loses to the Plantronics. For example, Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 has the function of automatically pausing music when removing the headphones from the head (and playing on putting them on), which is very convenient, and also saves battery power. But first things first.
Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 Special Edition costs $ 50 more than the regular Pro 2 version and includes a hard carrying case (in the regular version, fabric). BackBeat Pro 2 SE is also gray and has slight differences in the texture of the bowls.
Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 – Overview
The sound is moderately bass, equally cool goes both Hip-Hop c electronic music and instrumental rock compositions. I was pleased with the positioning of individual instrumental parts and the width of the scene. Compared to the Sony MDR-1000X, the Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 is probably not enough in terms of quality and detail, but there is also aptX codec in Plantronics. The overall picture of the sound in the MDR-1000X and BackBeat Pro 2 is very similar; in both models, it is biased towards the bass.
FUNCTIONALITY AND USABILITY
- NFC – attached a smartphone and connected;
- Profile support: A2DP, AVRCP, Hands-free, Headset, AptX;
- Support functions: Multipoint, Answer/end conversation, DSP;
- Smart sensors. Pausing music after you remove the headphones from the head and play after putting on (this is very convenient and cool);
- Convenient LED indicator that reports the battery level, on / off and pairing;
- Active noise canceling function. She passed my standard test in the subway and showed herself at 4+ out of 5. Sony MDR-1000X is still better; I’m sure that this is due to the design features, and not because of the ANC function itself.
- Sidetone function – allows you to hear yourself through microphones to understand how well the interlocutor hears you.
And now about usability:
- The ability to hear yourself through the microphone and mute the microphone with a separate button;
- On the left cup: a convenient volume control in the form of a circle, standard buttons forward / back for the audio track, play/pause, and for quick pairing via NFC, you need to apply smart to the left bowl. At the back of the left bowl is a 3-mode switch, turn on / off the noise canceler and hear yourself through the microphone.
- On the right bowl is one large button for receiving / dialing/ending calls. Rear 3-way switch on / off / Bluetooth. + button for mutating the microphone. In the same bowl, there is a connector for recharging and a mini-jack input for listening via cable. You can also check the battery level using the indicator by pressing the big key.
COMFORT AND DESIGN
The Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 headphones are comfortable, and even after 2-3 hours of listening to music, I felt relieved. Among the wireless ones for $ 250, these are some of the most convenient models. Unless the SteelSeries Arctis 7 is more convenient, but they are gaming and do not even have half the functions of the Plantronics.
Plantronics Hub program, personal experience, and all the benefits
The Plantronics Hub on Android has a lot of exciting features. The display of the charge level of the headphones on your smartphone, ending with the control of the headset. Not all functions are useful, but the application is impressive, and in the future, I think it will become more practical.
From personal experience:
I have been listening to them in the office for the past few days and have not experienced any fatigue from listening, extraneous sounds, or distortion. This is, of course, an excellent result for mid-range headphones, and they are ideal for an open office environment, especially if you don’t want to hear noisy employees.
To summarize all the advantages:
- 35% less and 15% lighter than the previous generation model.
- Buttons are not touch but mechanical, for most of me, including, it is much more convenient!
- New, flexible ear cushions for better ergonomics. Ear and headband coverage that evenly distribute weight around the listener’s head.
- Pure voice quality thanks to 2m microphones;
- Smart sensors that automatically pause or resume music when you take pictures or put on your headphones.
- Its ability to connect up to two devices at the same time. They can easily switch between them.
- Built-in dual microphones for phone calls.
- Foldable ear pads and protective carrying case.
- The battery lasts 24 hours with continuous listening and up to 21 days in standby mode (off for up to 6 months).
- There is a 3.5 mm cable, so you can use the headphones as wired if your battery runs out.
- The coverage range of Class 1 Bluetooth connectivity is 100 meters.
- Meager cost $ 200-250. A special edition of the BackBeat Pro 2 SE with an NFC connector, a robust carrying case, and a slightly different design – $ 250.
Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 SE – these are cool headphones that have incorporated both convenient functionality and excellent sound quality for the right price. There is nothing better to buy from the wireless segment for the money. I could write that the design could be more exciting and the cups could fold inwards, but let’s omit the controversial points, these headphones have no significant drawbacks.
Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 – the best wireless headphones for $ 200, should I spend $ 250 on NFC and a hard case? – You decide 😉
- Pioneer SE-C8TW Truly Wireless in-Ear Headphones: A Complete Review ★★★★★$72.95
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case: A Complete Review $139.99
- Marshall Minor II Wireless Headphones: A Complete Review $69.95
- Bose SoundSport Free Truly Wireless Sport Headphones: A Complete Review $199.00
- Xiaomi Mi Air 2: A Complete Review $69.99