Jabra Elite Active 45e Earbuds: A Complete Review
- IP67 dust- and water-resistant
- Ear tips allow awareness of surroundings
- Reliable connection and Bluetooth 5.0
- Quick charging
- Virtual assistant access
- MicroUSB charging
- Microphone quality
Jabra Elite Active 45e Earbuds: Features and Specifications as mentioned on Amazon
- WIRELESS EARBUDS – Enjoy an active lifestyle and take your music, calls, and sports indoors or out with Jabra Elite Active 45e Earbuds. Switch seamlessly between listening to music and making calls with the crystal clear 2-microphone call technology.
- SECURE FIT – You can confidently exercise in these secure-fitting earbuds thanks to EarWings and EarHooks that hold firm when you move. Plus, you can run safely with a sport earbud design that keeps you aware of the surroundings by letting ambient sound in.
- PERSONALIZE YOUR SOUND – Listen to your music the way you want to hear it, by personalizing your sound on the Jabra Sound+ app. Earbuds are Apple and Android compatible.
- BLUETOOTH EARBUDS – Jabra Elite Active 45e connects you instantly to Alexa, Siri, or Google Assistant to give you assistance with setting appointments or having messages read to you. With Bluetooth 5.0, you can seamlessly connect with your smartphone.
- UP TO 9 HOURS OF USE – With up to 9 hours of battery on a single charge, you can power a week’s worth of workouts, keeping the music playing and the calls answered. It’s also fast charging at 15 minutes for 1 hour of battery life.
Jabra Elite Active 45e Earbuds: A Complete Review
9 hours of operation without recharging, a convenient and stable design, as well as complete waterproofness.
These are what the Jabra Elite Active 45e headphones promise us in theory. And how does it work in practice?
How do they sound?
I spend long weekly hours with headphones in training, and at the same time, I am not interested in how well they play, to some extent. After all, while running or cycling, music should be just an energetic backdrop – I have other equipment to really enjoy your favourite tunes.
How do Jabra Elite Active 45e headphones play?
First, you need to know two nuances:
1) These are typical in-ear headphones. You won’t even find a wide range of supplements to better fit the shape of your ear. The Elite Active 45e intentionally lets in a bit of noise outside so you don’t accidentally get caught in the bus or tram.
2) They do not even support the APTX codec. But there is Bluetooth 5.0, limiting any delay (minimum) and offering a really solid range – more than 10 m.
So do not expect concert sensations, wide scenes or other exact divisions here. The Jabra Elite Active 45e headphones just play. To be more precise – they sound loud, which is important not only during training but also when listening to audiobooks.
They also have enough bass and decent treble, although here I can’t get myself to write about an element of sound character with enthusiasm. On the other hand, I can’t write too much about the quality of the outgoing sound, given that these are sports and training headphones.
Convenience and comfort
I have not been a fan of wireless headphones for some time, but I must admit that Jabra engineers did a great job here when it comes to the comfort of using the Elite Active 45e. Yes, compared to, for example, Airpods or Plantronics, they are large, but this does not mean that they are heavy (a total of 29 g) or uncomfortable. I ran for hours in them, listening to music, even in the mountains, and – with the exception of one case – I did not feel the slightest discomfort caused by the Jabra Elite Active 45e in my ears.
That single case, unfortunately, was associated with the presence of a tight cap worn on the head. The equipment is very neatly located inside the ears and is not annoying. Some may be bothered by the rather stiff cable connecting both earphones. Nevertheless, it is not too resilient and can be hidden under clothes without any special problems. In addition, I have no objection to fixation. The Elite Active 45e holds brilliantly in your ears, even during very long workouts.
If we consider training headphones, in general, they should be waterproof. The Jabra Elite Active 45e is IP67-protected and we have a 2-year guarantee against sweat and dust. I do not know if you will ever need to take this guarantee. I ran the Elite Active 45e for several weeks with short breaks. The tested equipment has already been in the rain, covered in sweat, as well as urban and natural dust. So what? And nothing, they play and act exactly as they did out of the box.
Jabra’s Elite Active 45e headphones do not completely isolate you from the environment; they let in a bit of sound. For what? So that we can simultaneously enjoy the music and not harm ourselves, completely forgetting about the outside world, for example, while running on the roads. Reception of external sounds is carried out only at the structural level. Special software does not exist, as well as a button that activates a second microphone, for transmitting ambient noise. Just the ends of the headphones do not completely fit in your ear – that’s all.
However, this is done so effectively that with proper volume control (does not mean that it is set to maximum) we can get the perfect balance of music and noise. During training, I hate to hear how hard I am breathing, but I want to hear how the car is approaching behind me. And this is possible in 45e, although you must remember that it will always be a compromise.
Autonomy on a single charge
9 hours – declared time without recharging, which must withstand 45e. I would have deducted about an hour here, as I always listen to music very loudly, although the result is still excellent. At the same time, the point is not only that you can train for 8-9 hours without a break to recharge the battery, but also that the autonomy time here allows you to get a whole week of training without the need to find an energy source. If this is not enough, the Elite Active 45e offers fast charging (not instantaneous). And here I can only complain about one thing. MicroUSB connector? In 2019? Seriously?
What would I change in the Jabra Elite Active 45e?
Only a few small things, most of which are accidentally already mentioned in the text. For example, the volume buttons could be slightly larger and more convex (although they are not small) so that they are faster and easier to press when wearing gloves. I’m not a fan of the unusual colours of gadgets. However, here you can choose between soft blue, boring black and senseless greenish. Therefore, I look with jealousy at the copper-red Elite Active 65t. Hey Jabra, people with less fat wallets also want to be colourful and crazy!
Specification: Jabra Elite Active 45e Earbuds: A Complete Review
- Sennheiser Momentum Free Special Edition: A Complete Review ★★★★★
- Marshall Minor II Wireless Headphones: A Complete Review ★★★★★$59.99
- Pioneer SE-C8TW Truly Wireless in-Ear Headphones: A Complete Review ★★★★★$119.99
- Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless Earbuds: A Complete Review $179.65
- KOSS PRO3AA Wired Headphone: A Complete Review $35.22
There are no reviews yet.