- Excellent design
- Built-in microphone
- Separate Mute button
- Good sound
- Microphone cannot be removed
ASUS continues to develop the direction of gaming headphones actively. We recently tested a model from the flagship ROG series, and today we are testing a more affordable version for gaming – the TUF Gaming H3 wired gaming headset.
Complete set ASUS TUF Gaming H3
The headset comes in a cardboard box, inside of which you can find the headphones themselves, a splitter cable, a user manual, and a warranty card. The microphone is not removable here, but on a flexible leg, making it possible to pack it in a box compactly.
Construction and design
ASUS TUF Gaming H3 design can be called austere and laconic. The only bright element is red inserts on the sides and headset arches.
At the heart of the design is a durable headband made of stainless steel, at the top of the arc a soft pad, trimmed with artificial leather—microphone with a flexible stem, convenient to adjust for yourself.
The soft, fully-fitting ear cushions feature the signature 50mm Essence speaker. The ear cushions are made of artificial leather with foam filling. Although the model looks rather massive, the headphone weighs only 294 grams, making it comfortable during gaming battles.
The headphones are connected to the device using a wire with a 3.5 mm jack. The main headset cord’s length is only 1.3 m, which is both a plus and a minus.
Plus – when connected to a smartphone or Nintendo Switch, nothing gets in the way or gets confused.
However, by connecting ASUS TUF Gaming H3 to a stationary PC, you can immediately get the adapter that comes with the kit. The length of the latter is also 1.3 m. In total, the maximum length of the cord is 2.6 m. Unlike the main cable, the adapter has a braid, which increases its wear resistance and durability.
TUF Gaming H3 Control
The headset controls are compact and located on the left earpiece. There is a Mute button that turns off the microphone and a volume control wheel.
ASUS TUF Gaming H3 is compatible with PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Mac, PS4 as well as smartphones.
Sound Quality and Microphone
ASUS has equipped the headset with 50mm Essence speakers and snug-fitting ear pads. This delivers the detailed sound and deep bass found in gaming headsets.
ASUS TUF Gaming H3 support 7.1 virtual surround sound technology, but only with Windows Sonic. No additional software is provided for this headset.
Microphone volume can only be adjusted using standard connected device apps.
The microphone in the headset is unidirectional and, unfortunately, is not removable. But the flexible bow allows you to put it under yourself. The microphone sound is clear and of high quality. The speech in the game is transmitted and without interference.
- How long do AirPods last, and is it possible to extend their life?
- How to Enjoy the Lowest Prices on All Your Favorite Podcasts and Audiobooks
- Tips for Buying Headphones for Online Poker
- The Many Uses of Headphones While Working
- How to Choose a Laptop Battery by Following the Guidelines in This Laptop Buying Guide
- Marshall Minor II Wireless Headphones: A Complete Review ★★★★★$59.99
- Sennheiser Momentum Free Special Edition: A Complete Review ★★★★★
- Pioneer SE-C8TW Truly Wireless in-Ear Headphones: A Complete Review ★★★★★$119.99
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case: A Complete Review $128.98
- Bose SoundSport Free Truly Wireless Sport Headphones: A Complete Review $199.00