The TOP 15 best vacuum headphones of 2020 include high-quality last year’s models and new in-ear plugs (2020). In 2020, there are many hybrids, rebar, and of course wireless models. The most worthwhile and interesting vacuum headphones (no price restrictions, except for common sense 😉) are discussed below.
What are the best vacuum headphones to choose and what to look for when choosing?
3 things to know about:
- In our TOP of the best vacuum headphones, there are many popular models from well-known brands (Sennheiser, Shure, Marshall, Sony, etc.) that have Chinese copies.
- Quality vacuum headphones like the Westone W30 or Shure SE425 need the same quality sound source. Full disclosure of such headphones requires a good player, sound card, amplifier, etc.
- Almost all relatively high-quality headphones should be warmed up to fully reveal the sound.
What are the best in-ear plugs to choose in 2020?
It’s very simple, the more expensive the better. In choosing the best in-ear plugs for yourself, and indeed any audio equipment, the price-quality ratio is an axiom. The higher the price, the better the sound quality. This rule of up to $ 1000 is almost always followed. But of course no one canceled the inadequately expensive models 🙂. There are “thresholds” or “steps” of prices:
- Inexpensive vacuum headphones (up to $ 50) – it is useless to navigate your favorite genre in budget models, the sound is about the same (the main thing is that it is not too lousy). There are not so many good and inexpensive models, some of them are in this rating;
- The middle price segment (from $ 50 to $ 200) – everything is more complicated here. There are many universal models (about 70%), but there are also especially “bass” plugs for electronics or hip-hop, or vice versa with analytical and natural sounding for classics. Balanced sound, somewhere between the first and second, well suited for rock music.
- Expensive (from $ 200) – these are high quality models. Basically, these are plugs with natural and natural sounding, for listening to rock music and classical music, in high quality.
Pros and cons of vacuum headphones
- There are models with very high sound quality. The so-called audiophile. Among the liners, for example, there are none. If you need really high-quality sound and small headphones, only vacuum ones will do.
- Soundproofing is the main plus of the plugs. There is no rumbling sound of the subway, no sirens, no howling of street motors.
- In summer, the ears are not hot;
- Fits in a pocket;
- Vacuum headphones are well suited for active lifestyles ( sports, running, swimming ).
- Comfortable, lightweight, and won’t fall out of your ears. If you feel discomfort, then in the kit of any normal model, there must be a set of replaceable ear pads (attachments), usually in the form of 3 pairs or more.
- Volumetric and powerful bass. No earbuds will be able to surpass the volume and depth of sound – plugs. Of course, due to the proximity of the driver to the membrane and soundproof construction.
- Relatively harmful to hearing. More precisely, in order to reduce harm, you need to control the volume more closely than, for example, with full-size ones.
- Minor features: discomfort due to the peculiarities of the ear canals, problems with falling out, the microphone effect of the cable, the strength of the connections and the entanglement of the wire (this problem is less and less common in new models);
- Some people are simply not physiologically suitable for vacuum headphones. For such people, the best choice is earbuds, overhead or full-size.
Wired or Wireless?
- If you need freedom from wires , and you are willing to pay 2 times more for similar wired sound, then wireless. For example, there are 2 models (wireless and wired) with the same sound quality (yes, Bluetooth headphones already sound good), but for the price, wireless earplugs are usually 2 times more expensive, due to the technologies used. Well, because of the popularity, of course, too.
- If the wires do not bother you , you are looking for maximum sound quality for a minimum of money and you are not ready to overpay – wired!
Types of “speakers” (emitters) of headphones
- Dynamic – 95% of the total vacuum headphone market. They work like the speakers in your speakers. A coil of wire is attached to the emitter and the membrane, which is in the field of a permanent magnet. When an alternating current passes through the coil, the membrane picks up the vibrations, converting them into sound waves. Dynamic drivers reproduce the best mid and low frequencies.
- Rebar – headphones with a U-shaped armature. Armature drivers perfectly reproduce high and medium frequencies.
- Hybrid headphones – have a dynamic and armature driver ( sometimes 3-4 or more drivers ). As a result, both the upper, middle, and low frequencies are reproduced remarkably.
- There are also planar and electrostatic, but they are very rare. Although there is one isodynamic (planar) model in the ranking.
Vacuum headphones are very similar to earbuds (“tablets”, see the picture below), but unlike earbuds, they enter the ear canal, which is why they are called “in-ear”. By locating in the ear canal and fixing it with ear cushions, the vacuum headphones provide a high level of sound insulation and comfort.
- Vacuum headphones – everything is clear here;
- Gags – slang;
- In-ear is a more professional definition;
- IEMs (English In-Ear-Canalphone) – the abbreviation is extremely rare, literally translated as “in-ear”;
- Ear monitors – this definition is used only in relation to ear monitors used by musicians on stage;
- Droplets – controversial, as purely visual earbuds, are also “droplets” 😀. Write in the comments what you think about all this mess 🙂
- Earbuds are another type of headphone;
- Tablets – slang for inserts;
- Plug-in is a controversial option since the vacuum is purely physically plug-in too 🙂;
TOP 15: Best Vacuum Headphones (2020) – In-ear Plug Rating
|1.||Sennheiser IE 80 S BT||Wireless vacuum earbuds with great sound and bass tuning,|
best under $ 500 ;
|2.||Westone W30||Better conductive trohdrayvernye reinforcing headphone |
plugs to $ 500 in 2020 ;
|3.||Shure SE425||Dual-driver armature vacuum headphones with the best |
sound among analogs up to $ 200 ;
|4.||Apple AirPods Pro||High-quality in-ear headphones for iPhone with active noise |
cancellation and good sound ;
|5.||Sennheiser Momentum |
True Wireless 2
|Most completely wireless (true wireless) Bluetooth |
headphones 2020 ;
|6.||MyST IzoEM-1||Excellent closed isodynamic headphones, the best in sound |
quality in our rating ;
|7.||Mifo O5 pro||Fully wireless, comfortable and small armature vacuum |
Bluetooth headphones (with Aliexpress and not only) ;
|8.||Xiaomi Mi In-Ear |
Headphones Pro 2
|Inexpensive hybrid vacuum headphones with a microphone, |
the best up to 3000 rubles ;
|9.||Bowers & wilkins PI3||Wireless in-ear Bluetooth headphones for a phone with |
hybrid drivers ;
|10.||Simgot Meeture MT3||Relatively budget wired Chinese headphones with high-quality |
sound, the best up to $ 70 in the rating ;
|11.||Sony XBA-A1AP||Hybrid two-driver in-ear headphones from Sony, the best |
for music up to 5000 rubles ;
|12.||Dunu titan 3||Metal earplugs with balanced sound ;||$109|
|13.||Panasonic RP-HJE125||Budget in-ear headphones, best under $ 10 ;||$8|
|14.||JBL Tune 120TWS||True wireless (fully wireless) headphones with high |
quality bass sound and stylish design ;
|15.||Marshall Mode EQ||Wired in-ear headphones with mic, Marshall signature |
sound and bass tuning .
15. Marshall Mode EQ
Wired vacuum headphones with microphone – suitable for games too (there is a sound setting)
Marshall Mode EQ ($ 40) – wired in-ear headphones with mic and signature sound from Marshall. All models of this company are distinguished by an interesting “rock” design and powerful sound, with an emphasis on bass. This model is one of the few vacuum models in the Marshall line, EQ is an equalizer. And in fact, the ability (using a button on the remote control) to select one of the types of sound: “dark” (more bass, less treble) and “light” (more treble and middle, less bass).
If you are looking for a gaming headphone earplug, then this model is also worth considering. The bass regulator here will have to be in the subject (adding bass during virtual battles is a good idea). And the detail and accuracy of localization is enough for a comfortable game.
Personally, I like Marshall’s design, the approach to sound is another matter. But for many, this appearance seems too pretentious or “old-school”, but few people remain indifferent to it.
- Frequency Response Range: 20 – 20,000 Hz
- Impedance: 30 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 98dB
- Diaphragm diameter: 9mm
- Features: EQ – a switch with which you can select one of the modes (with deep bass or normal) interchangeable ear pads, gold-plated connector
- Cable: balanced
- Headphone jack: mini jack 3.5 mm
- Headphone Jack Shape: L-shaped
- Price: 40 $
- 4 pairs of ear pads
- Sound. Branded, for an amateur. But overall, quite high quality. Despite the bass bias, it is quite collected here and does not hide the rest of the range.
- Design. Again, not for everyone. But, at least, not very expensive “plugs” that stand out from the plastic-chrome round dance.
- The quality of the materials from which the headphones are made, according to tradition, at a very high level. Separately, it is worth noting the fact that the most painful place, namely the connection of the wire and the plug, was significantly strengthened with a gilded spring.
- Comfort. The headphones are very comfortable, which is good news.
- Equalizer. It’s a simple sound filter, but it’s always useful to be able to adjust the sound, at least to suit your mood. Marshall Mode EQ – wired vacuum headphones with microphone and sound settings, suitable for games.
- Sound and design . Given the features, it can be both a plus and a minus.
14. JBL Tune 120TWS
Fully Wireless Vacuum Bluetooth Headphones – Bass Sound
JBL Tune 120TWS ($ 66) – in-ear true wireless headphones with high-quality bass sound and stylish design. Successful model. JBL managed to implement its signature bass in this model, but it does not cover the rest of the frequencies and “looks” very harmoniously in the overall picture. The woofers here are more powerful and elastic than soft and muddy, which is rarely found in models under $ 100.
In addition, these bass headphones look great: stylish, not flashy, but beautiful. It is a pity that the cases are too big, but apparently this is the price of powerful high-quality bass.
- Type: fully wireless in-ear
- Type: dynamic
- Diaphragm diameter: 5.8 mm
- Frequency Response Range: 20 – 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 96dB
- Maximum power: 15 mW
- Bluetooth support: Bluetooth 4.2
- Profile support: A2DP, AVRCP, Hands-free
- Battery Li-Ion, 85 mA / 3.7 V
- Case charging connector: micro USB
- Working time: 4 h
- Battery life in case: 12 h
- Charging time: 2 h
- Indication: LED
- Weight: 73g
- Price: 66 $
- Charging case
- Charging cable
- 3 pairs of ear pads
- Sound. Better than many competitors in the same price range and form factor. Powerful bass, good treble. The handwriting is rather universal. JBL Tune 120TWS is a fully wireless vacuum Bluetooth headphones with the high-quality bass sound.
- Materials and assembly. The headphones are mostly made of plastic, but it is of high quality and reliable. No backlash, squeaks, and so on. The model looks durable.
- Case indication. It is always clear how much charge is left in the case. Very useful and implemented conveniently (indicators on the front). Many analogs do not have such an option at all.
- Design. Bright but not flashy. Several interesting color options.
- Case dimensions. Despite the fact that you cannot call it small, it will easily fit into any pocket. And it won’t even get in the way.
- Price\quality. Good sound, reliable build, comfortable autonomy, and interesting appearance.
- Headphone dimensions. The cases are very large for this form factor. Perceptibly protruding from the ears to the sides.
- Landing features. It is difficult to choose suitable earpads from the complete ones, as an option – buy others, the size of the sound guide is standard. The capsule shape is not very ergonomic. the protrusion behind the sound guide does not lie down and does not rest against the ear. The earphone rests only on the ear cushion. And it does not hold very well. And with the push of a button, you can move the earphone from a comfortable position and change the sound.
- Lack of volume control. Even in such a relatively budget model, this is frustrating.
- Background noise. It is clear that all wireless headphones have it to one degree or another. But here it is louder than that of many competitors. Although, of course, you can’t hear it behind the music.
13. Panasonic RP-HJE125
Best Budget Vacuum Headphones Under $ 10 – Many Color Options & Decent Sound
Panasonic RP-HJE125 ($ 8) – budget in-ear headphones, best under $ 10. The model is time-tested. All my friends had such, even I once had. And few people were upset by them. And not only because “even if you lose, it’s not a pity, they cost a penny,” although this is also. They rather surprised that for $ 8 they gave the opportunity to listen not only to radio and white noise but also to music. No disgust, registration, and SMS 😆
The best budget and the best expensive headphones (earbuds, vacuum, and any) usually “live” on the market for many years. If everything is clear with the expensive ones, at least in theory, the manufacturer invests in full and gets an excellent result. That’s why ultra-budget headphones are popular with almost generations of buyers – the question is more complicated. Probably, in some models they found such an optimal balance of price and quality that a minimal improvement in sound quality would lead to a good increase in price. But it is not exactly. 😎
- Frequency Response Range: 10 – 24000 Hz
- Impedance: 16 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 97 dB / mW
- Weight: 44g
- Diaphragm diameter: 9mm
- Headphone jack: mini-jack 3.5 mm
- Cable length: 1.1m
- Price: 8 $
- 3 pairs of ear pads
- Sound. Definitely worth the money. In general, this is classic V-shaped frequency response, but with a good boost at the low end and roll-off at the HF. The sound is obtained without obvious flaws, which is what captivates.
- Appearance. The model is available in several colors for every taste. And the design itself is successful.
- Price. Compensates for everything. Panasonic RP-HJE125 – Best Budget Vacuum Headphones Under $ 10. Even if they work for a year (about how long they live on average), it is not a pity to throw it away and buy new ones.
- Durability. The wires are very thin, the connections are weak, the plastic is thin. But you can buy a pair at once. Or three 💡
12. Dunu Titan 3
Good dynamic titanium-coated diaphragm plugs – metal and durable
Dunu Titan 3 ($ 109) – metal in-ear headphones with balanced sound. The model looks great, just as great and sounds. Due to the very well-developed middle, it is suitable primarily for live and vocal music. What are the most durable headphones? Metallic, most likely. 😉 True, metal has its drawbacks: in winter, cases can be unpleasant to cool your ears.
Dunu Titan is a line of headphones based on emitters with titanium-coated membranes. The indices “1”, “2” and “3” do not mean superiority of one model over another, just because of the different settings they have a different sound signature.
- Emitters: dynamic
- Diaphragm diameter: 13mm titanium-coated diaphragm
- Frequency range: 10 Hz – 40 kHz
- Sound pressure level: 110 ± 2 dB / mW
- Resistance: 16 ohm
- Cable: replaceable, 1.2 m
- Weight: 24 g
- 6 pairs of ear pads
- Spacer mounts
- Clothespin and hard case
- 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter
- Sound. Very detailed and pleasant sound for its price range. Exceptionally interesting developed midrange without blockages in other parts of the range.
- Kit. Lots of ear pads, even with special spacer tabs, a 6.3 mm adapter, a carrying case. Dunu Titan 3 is a good titanium-coated diaphragm dynamic plug, metal, and durable.
- Design. Headphones look more expensive than they cost. A lot of metal, the original shape of the cases, and high-quality assembly captivate.
- Detachable cable. It is always useful to have this option.
- Noise isolation. Not at the highest level, in the subway, you will have to seriously increase the volume.
- Not for bass heads. Most portable sound lovers prefer the bass bias, there is no such thing. Low frequencies work out perfectly, but not at all exaggerated, many of them seem to be few.
11. Sony XBA-A1AP
The best vacuum headphones for music under 5000 rubles – hybrid with a light sound.
Sony XBA-A1AP ($ 71) – hybrid two-driver in-ear headphones from Sony, the best for music up to 5000 rubles. The headphones have a proprietary “light” sound, good dynamics, and resolution. A hybrid sound with rich, albeit not dominant, dynamic bass and precise armature midrange and treble.
Sony XBA-A1AP is the junior model of the second incarnation of the hybrid line of earplugs for music from Sony. The first one was quite successful, but there were many complaints about usability and sound.
- Emitters: 1 armature for MF and HF and 1 dynamic for LF;
- Frequency range: 5 – 25000 Hz
- Resistance: 24 ohm
- Sensitivity: 107 dB / mW
- Weight: 7g
- The diaphragm of the dynamic driver: 9mm
- Number of emitters: 2
- Symmetrical cable: 1.2 m, L-shaped plug
- Working as a headset
- Price: 71 $
- 7 pairs of ear pads
- Carrying case
- Cable organizer
- Sound. In terms of price and quality ratio, the sound is rather a plus here. It is quite flat, the midrange and treble sound good. Many complain about the lack of bass, but this is, firstly, in comparison with ear pads, such as bits, and secondly, here you need to choose very well ear pads. Sony XBA-A1AP – the best vacuum headphones for music under 5000 rubles.
- Kit. Many replaceable ear pads. Moreover, there are silicone options, and there is a foam seal. There is a cover, a clip, and a special piece on which you can wind the cable if you need to shorten it.
- Build quality. Of course, you shouldn’t expect “premium” materials, but the headphones are well made. There are only complaints about the paint in the end. It can peel off pretty quickly. It all depends on accuracy.
- Cable. It is solid, strong, not prone to tangling (relatively). If there was a removable one – just a dream.
- Size, convenience. The headphones are very, very large compared to the average earplugs. This is the scourge of the entire line. Moreover, the entire first line of fittings from Sony, its successor – the first hybrid line, and this – the new hybrid series. Headphones stick out of ears unexpectedly far. Of course, compared to the first series, this drawback is smoothed out, but not eliminated.
- Landing in the ear. This is a consequence of the form. And ear pads. If you change your in-ear headphones often, you already know which ear pads are right for you. All of them are the same plus or minus: S, M, L. But in Sony XBA-A1AP it is better to close your eyes to this knowledge and diligently test all the options from the kit. If you are used to the S, then the L is probably best for you. These headphones can be conveniently “put in your ear”, but it takes time.
- Noise isolation. One more consequence. Many reviews say that others hear the sound of these headphones. It is not surprising if their owner did not choose the best option for attachments. I would like to make the selection process shorter, simpler, without a tambourine and nerves.
10. Simgot Meeture MT3
Best budget Chinese earplugs under $ 70 – quality sound and stylish design
Simgot Meeture MT3 ($ 60) – relatively budget wired vacuum Chinese headphones with high-quality sound, the best up to $ 70 in the ranking. Excellent design, detachable cable, and rich kit complement the number of advantages of this model. There are even 2 types of earpads: for bass and for smooth sound, whoever likes which one.
The headphones sound smooth, clear and emotional. The handwriting is not audiophile, but quite music lover. Good detail and naturalness are separately pleasing. The headphones are very versatile and will suit almost any music.
If you are looking for budget earplugs, but with high-quality sound, then now you need to start with Aliexpress. There are many such pearls there. 😎
- Construction: plug-in (plugs)
- Type: dynamic
- Emitter diameter: 10mm
- Frequency Response Range: 15 – 40,000 Hz
- Resistance: 18 ohm
- Sensitivity: 108dB / mW
- Maximum power: 10mW
- Harmonic distortion: 1%
- Cable: braided, detachable: 1.2 m, 2pin, 0.78 mm
- Headphone jack: mini jack 3.5 mm
- Headphone Jack Shape: Straight
- Price: 60 $
- 6 pairs of ear pads.
- Detachable cable.
- Soft case.
- Great sound for $ 60. Detailed, moderately even, but not dry, but, on the contrary, emotional. Excellent in all respects for its price range. With a variety of ear pads, you can customize the features for different genres. A very versatile model.
- Nice appearance. The combination of the popular “professional” capsule shape, clear plastic, and matte inserts looks great. I think many will like it.
- Good build quality. These headphones are not at all like “Chinese” in the usual sense. The headphones are assembled securely, without any problems and flaws. All potential weak points are strengthened, the materials themselves are of high quality.
- Rich bundle and detachable cable . 6 pairs of ear cushions, some kind of cover, and the ability to easily replace the cable (if necessary or if desired) are good news.
- Secure fit and good sound insulation . Especially convenient with “bass tips”. Simgot Meeture MT3 is the best budget Chinese plugs under $ 70.
- Cable. Quite thin, very prone to tangling. The wires at the housings are also unwound from the weave.
- Landing features. Ear cushions “for clear sound” of a different shape, a comfortable fit in them is achieved with additional tweaks. In addition, it is better to try everything, they may not fit the same size as their counterparts.
9. Bowers & Wilkins PI3
Vacuum Bluetooth Headphones for Phone – Cordless, with Hybrid Drivers
Bowers & Wilkins PI3 ($ 206) – Wireless in-ear Bluetooth headphones for phones with hybrid drivers. B&W headphones have always been distinguished by their stylish design and quality workmanship. This model is no exception. But then the sound is also really good for wireless earphones for the phone: balanced energetic presentation, good detail, there is an emphasis on bass, but without busting.
When choosing headphones for a phone (vacuum and not only), we increasingly pay attention to wireless models. Indeed, they are getting cheaper, but only with mediocre sounding options. However, this model does not apply to the budget segment. Still good wireless sound is expensive, whatever one may say. 😉
- Type: wireless in-ear headphones
- Emitters: 2 x 9.2 mm full range, 2 x balanced armature drivers
- Frequency range: 10Hz – 30kHz
- Distortion (THD): <0.3% (1kHz / 10mW)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Bluetooth profiles: A2DP v1.3.1, AVRCP v1.6.1, HFP v1.7.1, HSP v1.2, BLE GATT (Generic Attribute Profile)
- Bluetooth codecs: AptX-Adaptive, AptX-HD, AptX-Classic, AAC, SBC
- Microphones: 1x for telephony (CVC1 – Clear Voice Communication v1)
- Battery: lithium polymer
- USB-C connector for charging and audio reception
- Full charge time: 8 hours with Bluetooth (2 hours after 15 minutes of charging)
- Magnetic mount for earbuds
- Weight: 31 grams
- Price: 206 $
- 3 pairs of ear pads.
- 3 pairs of extra fastenings.
- USB to USB Type-C cable.
- Good sound. Bowers & Wilkins PI3 – vacuum Bluetooth headphones for your phone with high-quality sound. The main thing is a very versatile presentation. The handwriting is musical, “juicy”. Good detail and excellent (for wireless in-ear headphones) detailed scene.
- Comfortable and secure fit. The earbuds “sit” very comfortably in the ears. They do not rub, do not get tired even during long listening to music. They hold securely even without additional fasteners.
- Great design and build. It seems that everything is normal (well, what can you find new in the design of neckband headphones?), But they still stand out. Quality materials, well-placed accents, and the manufacturer’s attention to detail are very pleasing. The earbuds look very durable.
- Good ergonomics. The control is convenient and functional. There is a useful application. All buttons are conveniently located. The headphones themselves are lightweight and compact. They can be easily stowed away in the complete case, but difficult to break.
- High-quality communication and support for aptX codecs. In most use cases, there are no disconnects or link artifacts. The range is good, you can easily go to another room, for example. Of the codecs, the presence of aptX HD and Adaptive pleases. The iPhone-relevant AAC is also present. 😉
- Price. $ 206 is a lot. Not the fact that the price is justified by the sound quality. Let’s just say that high-quality wireless earbuds sound twice as cheap and not twice as bad.
- Lack of “smart” features. There is no pause when headphones magnetize, active noise cancellation, or even a “transparent” mode. And considering the price, you expect them.
- Autonomy. This is more of a nagging. 8 hours is less than that of many analogs, although the time is comfortable in general. In addition, 8 hours is when connected via SBC or AAC. For aptX HD, autonomy is 2-3 hours less.
8. Xiaomi Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro 2
The best in-ear headphones with microphone under 3000 rubles – inexpensive, hybrid drivers
Xiaomi Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro 2 ($ 25) – inexpensive hybrid vacuum headphones with a microphone, the best up to 3000 rubles. An elegant combination of price and quality. And this is one of the best options for exploring hybrid sound. These inexpensive earplugs are really pleasing in sound, but frustrating in design. For those who prefer efficiency to showiness, so to speak.
If you listen to modern music, love good sound, but do not like to pay extra – Xiaomi Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro 2 is your choice 😎
- Form factor: in-ear;
- Emitter type: 1 dynamic + 1 armature
- Weight: 14g;
- Resistance: 32 Ohm;
- Frequency range: 20-20000 Hz;
- Sensitivity: 100d B;
- Maximum power: 5 mW;
- Connector: mini jack 3.5 mm (L-shaped);
- Cable length: 1.25 m;
- Remote control: volume +/- (only works on Android) and start / pause;
- Price: from 25 $
- 3 pairs of interchangeable ear pads;
- Sound. Hybrid headphones deliver sound quality on par with more expensive competitors. The lows are powerful but not overblown, the clean mids and the highs are comfortable – an excellent result.
- Price. Xiaomi Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro 2 – the best in-ear headphones with a microphone up to 3000 rubles: prices from 1900 rubles. ($ 25)
- Comfort. The model fits comfortably in the ear for most users. It is easy to listen to music in these headphones for hours. An in-ear model with a microphone is perfect for any smartphone.
- Packaging and kit. The box looks extremely cheap, there is not even a carrying bag in the kit, the feeling of “bad” China.
- Compatibility. The remote control partially does not work on devices running iOS – only the middle button (start/pause). But considering the price, this is not the most critical disadvantage. 😉
- Cheap external appearance In general, the Pro HD model, for example, looked more representative, these headphones look like plastic crafts (although this is not so).
7. Mifo O5 pro
Fully wireless Bluetooth earplugs – reinforcing, can be ordered on Aliexpress
Mifo O5 pro ($ 84) – Fully Wireless Armature Vacuum Bluetooth Headphones from Aliexpress. A successful model even by “Chinese standards”: high-quality sound (fast, more or less smooth and detailed), autonomy up to 6 hours on a single charge and up to 100 hours, taking into account the case, which, by the way, is metal and reliable, and the headphones themselves are small, comfortable with push-button control. Even software problems and/or communication breaks so characteristic of wireless in-ear headphones with Aliexpress were not noticed here.
A bonus feature that I personally like very much is the “transparency” mode. Very useful for safely moving around the city without removing your headphones. 😎
- Type: fully wireless in-ear
- Standart: Electrodynamic driver
- Professional: Armature Driver
- Emitter diameter: 6mm
- Resistance: 32 ohm
- Frequency: 20 Hz – 20,000 Hz
- Microphone sensitivity: 42dB
- Bluetooth version: 5.0
- Working range: up to 20 meters
- Supported profiles: HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP, SPP, PBAP
- Supported codecs: SBC, AAC
- Earphone battery capacity: 60mAh
- Charging case capacity: 2600mAh
- Autonomy: about 6 hours
- Charging time: 2 hours
- Working time with case: up to 100 hours (15 cycles)
- Case dimensions: 30 * 45 * 76 mm
- Earphone dimensions: 16.8 * 22.5 * 22.5mm
- Earphone weight: 4.6g
- Case weight: 106.8 g
- Standard version price: from 76 $
- Professional version price: from 84 $
- Charging case
- MicroUSB charging cable
- 7 pairs of ear pads
- Sound. For its price and type of headphones, the sound is detailed, smooth, and natural. Headphones can compete with wired counterparts.
- Autonomy. Up to 6 hours on a single charge and up to 100 – with “refills” from the case. Record result.
- Design and materials. High-quality reliable assembly and stylish appearance. Metal case, capsules made of good plastic. And the headphones look very interesting. Largely due to the stylized metal cases.
- Landing. The earbuds “sit” very reliably and comfortably in the ears. This is achieved thanks to the ergonomic shape and wide selection of ear cushions.
- IP67 protection.
- Price \ quality. From $ 84 for the pro version: it’s definitely worth the money. Apparently, the standard “edition” will also justify its $ 76. Mifo O5 pro is an excellent fully wireless Bluetooth earplug that can be ordered on Aliexpress and not only.
- Case . It is quite heavy, quite large for a pocket, for example, tight jeans. And the lid is almost impossible to open with one hand.
- Location of buttons. It seems counterintuitive. The asymmetrical position would be more comfortable.
- Interference. They are not so common, but they do happen.
6. MyST IzoEM-1
Top rated sound quality vacuum headphones – isodynamic and expensive
MyST IzoEM-1 ($ 214) – excellent closed vacuum isodynamic headphones, the best in sound quality in our rating. Expensive? Yes, but in this case, the price is more a plus than a minus. A similar sound level (deeply audiophile) usually costs a lot more. The sound is fast, detailed, natural. Headphones require a quality source (from the word “must” 😉), but the result is worth it.
These headphones, like others under the Myst brand, are completely Russian development. From idea to assembly and details. No China here. 😉
- Headphone type: in-ear
- Acoustic design: closed
- Emitter type: isodynamic
- Number of emitters: 1
- Diameter – 14mm on the body, 12mm – membrane.
- Sound guide diameter 6 mm
- Resistance 2.5 ohm
- Sensitivity approx. 100 dB / mW
- Cable type Silver plated copper. MC
- Cable length 1.2 m
- 3.5mm plug
- Weight: 27g
- Price: 214 $
- 3 pairs of ear pads
- High-quality sound. Detailed, natural, fast, and accurate. In terms of speed, it can be compared with good fittings But without the “dryness” and “incorporeal” presentation. MyST IzoEM-1 – the best sound quality vacuum headphones in the rating.
- Reliable materials and assembly. Metal capsules, everything is well-fitted, there are no casting flaws. Headphones will easily “live” for many years.
- Design. It seems to be nothing special, but the headphones look great. They definitely do not look like homemade products on their knees. Although, of course, they are far from the brilliance of many more expensive models.
- Noise isolation. The metro ride is comfortable, not to mention less noisy places.
- Price. This model is definitely worth $ 230. The sound can be compared to more expensive options here.
- Sound features. The tangible emphasis on the treble and upper mids may not suit everyone. And not for all genres.
- Landing. The ears get tired quite quickly, and the ear cushions are not a fact that they will suit everyone, they are quite specific.
- They require a quality source and material. For the phone, I would not take, of course. 😉
- Cable. It is non-removable, prone to tangling and quite resilient – sticks out in different directions when worn, if not tightened behind the ears. And in this case, it can bend.
- Kit. Spartan. But that’s a nitpick, of course.
5. Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2
Best fully wireless vacuum bluetooth headphones in 2020 – with aptX support and great sound
Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 ($ 350) – Best fully wireless in-ear Bluetooth headphones of 2020. Surprisingly “adult” detailed and natural presentation. Good elaboration of all frequency ranges and very consistent, but at the same time bright and engaging presentation.
There is support for aptX and AAC, but the sound is very decent in SBC. Although there is an audible difference in aptX. In addition, these Bluetooth earbuds delight with excellent autonomy: up to 7 hours on a single charge and up to 28 hours with recharges from the case.
- Type: in-ear, dynamic
- Emitter diameter: 7mm
- Frequency range: 5 – 21,000 Hz
- Sound pressure level: 107 dB SPL (1 kHz / 1 mW)
- THD: <0.08% (1 kHz / 94 dB)
- Bluetooth: 5.1
- Supported codecs: SBC, AAC, aptX
- Working time: about 7 h (with charging case 28 h)
- Charging time: about 1.5 h
- Connector (for charging): USB 3.0 Type C
- Microphone type: MEMS
- Microphone frequency range: 100 – 10,000 Hz
- Microphone sensitivity: 94 dB SPL at 1 kHz
- Waterproof: IPX4
- Weight: 70g (earbuds with charging case), 6g (earbuds), 58g (charging case)
- Price: 350 $
- 4 pairs of ear pads.
- Charging case.
- USB to USB Type-C cable.
- Sound quality. Smooth, juicy, detailed, and natural. Very good level for fully wireless headphones. I have not heard anything better in this segment. Yes, yes, much better than AirPods. Even comparing is pointless. 😈 Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 is the best fully wireless vacuum Bluetooth headphones in 2020.
- Comfortable fit. The headphones “sit” securely and comfortably. Spending 3-4 hours in them is not a problem. And they will not accidentally fall out of the ears.
- Autonomy. Up to 7 hours without ANC is very good. From personal experience, with the included “noise reduction” the operating time is not greatly reduced. For 5 hours, the headphones will definitely “stretch”.
- Active noise cancellation and transparency mode. “Shumodav” works. And not bad. Its effect is felt. And it does not affect the sound quality, it only “cuts off” external noises. The mode of “passing” external sounds to the headphones is implemented perfectly. You can communicate comfortably without taking off your headphones.
- Customizable touch controls. The circuit is convenient, the sensor is sensitive, but not too sensitive. There is a minimum of false clicks. And most importantly, the “layout” can be reconfigured for yourself.
- Smart pause, aptX, and AAC. Additional “chips”. Pause when removing one or both earbuds works fine. There are no false positives. The function itself is handy. Well, according to aptX, the headphones still sound more interesting.
- Stylish design and quality build. The headphones will last (most likely) for a long time. And they look very versatile and beautiful.
- High price. $ 350 is, of course, quite a lot for “non-audiophile” headphones. Yes, this is the best sound in TWS. But these headphones, of course, are far from the wired counterparts in sound quality in a similar price range.
- Rare problems with communication and software. There are artifacts – “stuttering” once an hour. Sometimes the left earbud is not activated when “taken out” from the case. I would like to believe that this will be solved by the new firmware.
- Small nuances. Large size of the case and headphones and not very informative indication of the charge level of the case. The case will not fit into every pocket, the cases are noticeably protruding from the ears, and by one indicator (albeit with three colors) it is not always possible to understand how much “charge” remains in it.
4. Apple AirPods Pro
Excellent noise canceling earplugs for iPhone – good sound and overall quality
Apple AirPods Pro ($ 285) – high-quality in-ear headphones for iPhone with active noise cancellation and good sound. Love Apple, but don’t like earbuds, do you prefer vacuum headphones for your iPhone? Finally, there is an option for you. This model is distinguished by a really good (detailed and elaborate) sound for its segment, excellent ergonomics and working noise reduction.
Earplugs and even noise canceling headphones can completely cut you off from the world while listening to music. Sometimes it can be dangerous. 😉 But for trips on the subway and air flights – a great solution.
- Fully wireless in-ear headphones.
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Sweat and water-resistant (IPX4)
- Active Noise Cancellation and Transparent Mode
- Adaptive equalizer
- Ventilation system for pressure equalization
- Apple-branded drivers
- Wide dynamic range amplifier
- Chip H1
- Microphones on each earpiece
- Internal microphone
- Dual optical sensors
- Motion detector accelerometer
- Speech detector accelerometer
- Force sensor
Headphone autonomy :
- Up to 4.5 hours of listening time on a single charge (up to 5 hours with active noise canceling and transparency off)
- Up to 3.5 hours talk time on a single charge
AirPods Pro with Wireless Charging Case:
- More than 24 hours of listening
- More than 18 hours of talk time
- 5 minutes of fast charging provides about 1 hour of listening time or about 1 hour of talk time.
- Charging case with Qi (wireless charging available) and Lightning connector
- Height: 30.9mm
- Width: 21.8mm
- Depth: 24.0 mm
- Weight: 5.4g each
- Height: 45.2mm
- Width: 60.6mm
- Depth: 21.7mm
- Weight: 45.6 grams
- Price: 285 $
- Wireless charging case
- Silicone ear pads (three sizes)
- Lightning to USB-C charging cable
- Sound. Moderately bass, there is a stage, good positioning, and bright high frequencies. The middle is slightly failed. Otherwise, the best sound among Apple headphones. And one of the best fully wireless under $ 300. AAC codec support.
- Active noise cancellation and functionality. The noise reduction is qualitatively implemented, suppresses noise in the region of 90%. There is a convenient transparent mode (listening to the world through a microphone), a detailed set of others using the iPhone. Auto-ear detection, ear tip fittest. Bluetooth 5.0. Apple AirPods Pro are excellent noise-canceling earplugs for iPhone.
- Comfort. Comfortable design with pressure compensator and 3 ear cushion sizes. After a while you forget about the headphones.
- Autonomy. On a single charge, the headphones work up to 4.5 hours. Talk time up to 3.5 hours. Fast charge, 5 minutes charge = 1-hour charge. More than 24 hours of listening, given the case.
- Beautiful design. Smaller than regular AirPods. Good build quality. Well, a beautiful animation with a bundle with a phone is also pleasing 🙂.
- Convenient mechanical control using a pressure sensor.
- No volume control. Adjustment via smartphone only. This was really not enough.
- The slight dip in the midrange. But this is not critical but still. Some may not notice this, genres + perceptions play a role.
- The price is $ 285. Only valid in the context of Apple products. There are models that are no worse from other manufacturers (up to $ 250).
3. Shure SE425
The best sound among wired in-ear plugs up to $ 200 – reinforcing and time-tested.
Shure SE425 ($ 200) – two-driver armature vacuum headphones with the best sound among analogs up to $ 200. These headphones are perfect for getting to know the “fittings”, their main trump card is a smooth and detailed middle.
The Shure SE425 is a “simplified” version of the 535 model with 3 drivers – one of the first multi-driver wired earplugs. The SE425 have a better balance of price and quality, but the 535e still has a more interesting sound.
- Emitters: reinforcing
- Frequency Response Range: 20 – 19000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 109 dB / mW
- Resistance: 22 ohm
- Weight: 29.5g
- Isolation from external noise: 37 dB
- Number of drivers: 2
- Detachable cable (1.62m)
- 8 pairs of ear pads
- Hard case
- 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter
- Headphone cleaning tool
- Sound. The earplugs sound great. Of course, unless you are looking for a bass version. Well suited for acoustic, live music. Thanks to the flat middle, the vocals sound natural, the separation of instruments is quite noticeable, there is a “virtual stage”. Shure SE425 – the best sound among wired earplugs under $ 200.
- Kit. Carrying case, 3.5-6.3 mm jack adapter, sound tube cleaner (very useful thing) and many different ear pads, including foam
- Noise isolation. Just great if you choose the right ear pads. In numbers, even more than the Westone W30.
- Detachable cable. A durable and high-quality cable, if desired, can be replaced with a version with a control panel, making a full-fledged headset out of the headphones. Or you can pick up a quality audiophile cable and improve the sound.
- Price. $ 200 is a perfectly acceptable option nowadays, but it will make many people think.
- Lack of bass. The ascent to the low frequencies is quite small here, reinforcing handwriting in all its glory. Lovers of “pumping” bass, these headphones are definitely not suitable.
- Demanding to the source. Still, the headphones will fully open only from a high-quality player or at least a portable amplifier.
2. Westone W30
Best Vacuum Wired Headphones in 2020 under $ 500 – Tri-Driver Armature Earplugs
Westone W30 ($ 500) – Best Vacuum Tri-Driver Armature Earplugs Under $ 500 in 2020. Yes, they are not cheap, but they fully justify their money. Wired headphones earplugs twice as expensive will no longer give a double increase in sound quality.
All Westone headphones, including this model, are assembled by hand in the USA, which, as it were, hints at quality and the luxury segment of the market. 😎
Westone W30 – armature in-ear headphones based on 3 drivers with a balanced armature, offering a rich “V-shaped” sound and a very comfortable fit. Pleases also the kit, which has everything you need and even more (much). However, do not forget that the “reinforcing sound” for those who have listened to dynamic headphones all their lives at first may seem dry and inexpressive. Headphones of this level must be listened to before buying.
- Emitters: reinforcing
- Frequency Response Range: 20 – 18000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 107 dB / mW
- Resistance: 30 ohm
- Weight: 12.7g
- Isolation from external noise: 25 dB
- Number of drivers: 3
- Detachable cable (1.28 m)
- Connector: 3.5mm mini jack
- 10 pairs of ear pads
- 2 cables
- 2 colored panels
- Screwdriver for changing bits
- Headphone cleaning tool
- Hard case
- Great sound. Westone W30 – Possibly the best vacuum wired headphones in 2020 under $ 500. There is a slight rise at the low frequency, a fairly flat mids and a rise at the high frequency without bright peaks. V-shaped sound (in the form of frequency response) is the most engaging in listening. There is energy and intensity and drive here. Perhaps they are not as “straight on the forehead” as in dynamic headphones, but there is great reinforcement detail. If these are your first headphones of this level, be sure to hear new nuances in your favorite tracks.
- Comfortable fit and ergonomics. Headphone cases are small, they fit very comfortably in the ear, everything is thought out to the smallest detail. It will not be difficult to choose ear pads for yourself from a rich set, after which you can easily spend hours in the Westone W30 listening to your favorite music.
- Noise isolation. Headphones perfectly “cut off” from the outside world, even in the subway you can listen to music at a comfortable volume. Cross the road more carefully. 😉
- Kit. The Westone W30 comes in a chic package: lots of interchangeable ear pads, two cables, a heavy-duty carrying case, interchangeable covers, and tools for cleaning the sound guides and replacing the faceplate.
- Detachable cable. The opportunity to replace the wire always pleases: if you want a different sound or if the old one has become unusable. The kit includes an additional cable with a microphone for iPhone. I must say that Westone’s wires are of high quality and very durable.
- Replaceable front panels on housings. You no longer have to choose what color you want your headphones in. Everything can be quickly changed to match the mood color, blue is included. 😀
- Price $ 500 for headphones is a lot, even considering that in this case, the price is justified.
- Fragility. Despite the quality of the materials and the “indestructibility” of the cables, the cases themselves are rather fragile. Perhaps they will survive a fall on the asphalt (but not exactly), but sitting on them is strictly not recommended.
- Armature sound. Although it is not as smooth here as it happens, still after dynamic headphones (good) it can seem “bassless” and dry.
- Demanding the source and material. Listening to mp3s from your phone with these headphones is possible, but counterproductive. To unleash their potential and understand why such money was paid, you definitely need a portable Hi-End player (fortunately, there are many of them now) and music in lossless or Hi-Res quality.
1. Sennheiser IE 80 S BT
Best Wireless Earplugs Under $ 500 – Great Sound & Bass Tuning
Sennheiser IE 80 S BT ($ 450) – Wireless vacuum earbuds with great sound and bass tuning, best under $ 500. In terms of detail, naturalness, stage construction, and other parameters, the sound is already approaching wired solutions (though somewhat cheaper, but still). In addition, the luxury level of this model is emphasized by a large selection of ear cushions (including foam) in the kit and support for high-resolution codecs (including aptX HD and aptX LL).
The best wireless earplugs don’t come cheap, unfortunately. But if you’re looking for the best sound and wireless comfort, this model is well worth the asking price.
- Device type: Bluetooth headphone with microphone
- Construction: in-channel
- Type: dynamic
- Frequency Response Range: 10Hz – 20,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 110dB
- Harmonic Distortion: 0.5%
- Number of microphones: 2 (omnidirectional)
- Microphone frequency range: 100-10000 Hz
- Bluetooth: 5.0
- Profile support: A2DP, AVRCP, Hands-free, Headset
- Codec support: SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, aptX LL, LHDC
- Battery capacity: 120 mAh
- Working time: 6 h
- Standby time: 340 h
- Charging time: 1.5 h
- Weight: 30g
- Price: 450 $
- 3 pairs of silicone ear pads
- 3 pairs of double flange silicone ear pads
- 3 pairs of Comply foam ear pads
- Tool for adjusting bass and cleaning headphones
- USB Type-C charging cable
- Storage and carrying case
- Sound. Very high quality: detailed, natural. The stage is well constructed. At the same time, the presentation here is not “smooth dry audiophile”, but quite “lively music lovers”. Yes, someone will not be amazed by the sound from the first seconds (especially those who are accustomed to the heavily “jammed” presentation of other Bluetooth headphones), but it’s worth listening to a few minutes … 😉 Sennheiser IE 80 S BT – the best wireless earbuds under $ 500.
- Comfort. The headphones are very comfortable. There are a lot of ear cushions in the kit, it is quite easy to find the right ones. They sit comfortably and securely in the ears. You can completely forget about headphones in a couple of minutes. Spend 5-6 hours in them? Quite. Without any fatigue. Neither the sound nor the landing will tire you out during this time.
- Build quality. There is nothing to find fault with. Or almost nothing. But the fact that plastic and other materials are of high quality, and the headphones will last for many years – that’s for sure.
- Technology. Bluetooth 5.0, support for all aptX codecs, while the new and not very common LHDC, even AAC was not forgotten. Plus – there is a pretty handy application. And the quality of communication is at an excellent level.
- Rich kit. In general, there is everything you need. A large selection of earpads, a very dense and comfortable case, a charging cable. Even the instrument for adjusting the bass was combined with a “cleaner” for the sound guides. Great idea.
- Modular design. The fact that the headphones can be removed is an interesting feature. You can purchase a cable with a suitable connector and listen to them like regular wired ones. For example, when the battery runs out.
- Autonomy. Only 6 hours. This is not enough by modern standards.
- Price. $ 450 is quite a lot for wireless earplugs. And it can be called more or less justified only if your source supports high-definition codecs.
- Management. The main buttons are located very close to each other. It is not always possible to find the right one the first time, there are mistakes. While the call button of the voice assistant is far away. Why not blow up all the buttons and make them more “palpable”?
- Niche product. That is: headphones are really expensive. Yes, they do give a great sound when the specified conditions are met. But who are they for? Obviously not for those who just listen to music in the background on the way to work or on a run. There is no NFC, active noise cancellation, or dust/moisture protection, that is, “technologists” will not work either. No, the target customer here is a lover of quality sound. But most of them don’t believe in “Bluetooth music” at all. Apparently, this model was created in order to convince them.